Faith Olivia.......

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 2, 2009

Midwife?!?!

So, it seems since we are going to the Dallas area, we are considering a midwife! I found a place I fell in LOVE with, and feel really good that it is only 3 blocks away from the best hospital in the area! The only thing that is really bothering me is...we don't necessarly stay the night there. In all the literature that I am reading it says you go home in "a few hours", and I am not so sure about all of that! I wonder if I will be ready to go home with this tiny little thing, depending on me, and Josh of course, plus we will have an hour long drive home.

Ok enough negatives, I am SO excited to get to the area & meet with the women at the birthing center & really see what it is like there. I am completley determined to go natural wether I have an OB or CNM (Certified Nurse-Midwife)! And even if we do not go with the birthing center, the hospital where I want to deliver has BEAUTIFUL rooms, with flat screens (for Josh) wireless internet, so I can post all the pictures I want!

Check out the birthing centers website, and your opinions are ALWAYS welcome ;)
www.birthcenter.net

Love,
E

3 comments:

  1. I had a CNM, but they delivered at the hospital. Everyone thought I was crazy and that meant I was having a homebirth. LOL. Good for you for doing your research.

    I really wanted to go natural as well, but stubborn Miss Nora didn't want to turn around :(

    I hope you have an amazing, uncomplicated, natural birth!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That place looks really nice! Will those midwives deliver at the hospital so you can have the best of both worlds? I think having a midwife would be a good idea! I did not but fortunately had an OB who supported natural childbirth as opposed to trying to talk me into getting an epidural. Nubaine was great though. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, they don't deliver at the hospital unless there are complications :( I asked, but I think we are planning a water birth, so I am excited about that!!

    ReplyDelete