Faith Olivia.......

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

5 month update!!


I can't believe Faith is 5 months!! I think I say that every month that passes, but 5 months sounds so old!

For Faith's 5 month birthday I got her....SNOW!! YAY, that's right it snowed on the 29th here in Portland, and no one was prepared for it, they said it was going to rain all day, then all the sudden it started snowing like CRAZY! It was awesome!

On a down note, we had a doctors appointment on Wednesday to follow up on her weight, like always, and she was only 10 lbs 15 oz, so of course now the doctor wants to run some tests for Celiacs disease...we still haven't decided if we are going to do it at her 6 month appointment, but we will see how much weight she has gained! She was 24 inches long tho...her height & head circumfrence are in the higher percentiles tho :)

After her doctors appointment we started feeding her baby food, we had been doing rice cereal for a few weeks, and were ready for food, so I got to use Faith's christmas gifts from her Yaya (she got a baby food cookbook, steamer, and food processor) Her first food was Sweet Potatoes! I'm not sure who enjoyed what more, I was very proud of myself for making it for her, and she LOVES sweet potatoes! She wasn't so sure about the apples I made for her the other day, but I think she just wasn't used to how sweet they are!!
And last but CERTINALY not least, on Wednesday morning (Jan 30th) Faith rolled from her tummy to her back!!! I didn't witness the first time, I left her on the bed & went outside and came back and she had rolled over!!!! I thought I was crazy at first.....but she did it 4 more times that day!!! YAY!!!!
I hope everyone is having a very Happy New Year, and maybe this year I will keep up on my posts a little better!!!
Love,
E

2 comments:

  1. Wow - I can't believe she's 5 months already! Can't wait to see you guys again - hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you say "snowed like crazy" but I can still see the grass...I drove through a foot of snow this morning :)

    ReplyDelete