Faith Olivia.......

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 2, 2009

Happy 2 Months baby girl!!


Faith is 2 months & I can't even believe it, I wanted this to be a happy exciting post...but today we had her 2 month appointment, and they are concerned about her growth :( She is only weighing 8 lbs 6 oz, 22 inches long, and a head circumfrence of 14.5. She is in the low percentiles for everything!! I AM SOOOO BUMMED!! They want me to start supplementing her with formula, which I don't want to do, but I will, and she has to go back in 2 weeks for a check on her weight. I feel so bad like I am doing something wrong. Ohh well...

4 comments:

  1. Erin... I'm sure little Faith is doing JUST FINE!!! :) They alway think babies should all be a like but some babies are just petite!! My little cousin doesn't fit any of the measurements but yet she is doing just fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think you should meet with a lactation consultant before supplementing. If you truely need to, its nothing to feel guilty about, but a lot of times a LC can offer more support than a doctor can. If she's having enough wet and dirty diapers you're doing just fine mama. Once you start supplementing its often a downward slope -- its very hard to keep up supply when you take away demand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ash!! I have decided not to supplement her, I know she is perfect, and so what if she is tiny...I don't think I need to make her a chunky monkey! hehe!! Through support of friends & family & my own mothers intuition I KNOW she is fine!!!

    ReplyDelete