Faith Olivia.......

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 10, 2009

12 Days old!!!

I know I haven't posted in a bit... but I thought I'd chime in & let everyone know what is going on here!!! Besides being really tired, everything is great!! Faith had jaundice for about a week...so that was tough, going to the doctors, and getting blood drawn, her poor little heel has dots all over it from taking blood :( BUT she is all better now, and that is all that matters!!! My mom left last Tuesday, which was really really really hard for me, but we've made it without here, not sure exactly how! While Faith was jaundice she had to wake up every 2 hours to eat, and we had to supplement with formula...it made it hard for her to learn to brestfeed & latch on, but I kept pumping, and after about a week of pumping I tried nursing her again, and she latched on like a champ!!!!! I am really excited about that, and happy I didn't give up!!! She is totally a sleeper, at night I let her sleep for 4 hours & have to wake her up to nurse, my doctor said I should keep that up untill she is about 2 weeks old, so on Wednesday night I am just going to let her wake up on her own & see what happens!!! Josh's mom was here from last Sunday until yesterday, it was really nice visiting with her & letting her meet Faith & bond with her!! Here are a few pictures from the last week.....




xoxoxo
E
Our First offical outing...of course to Outback ;)

My Favoirtie picture.....:)

3 comments:

  1. Faith is just precious!!! You are very lucky!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelcy!! I can't wait to see your little one!! It is getting closer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's wonderful! I know EXACTLY how it is dealing with jaundice and I'm glad she's over it now - poor girl getting her heal pricked every day. Keep the pictures coming. I just can't wait to meet her. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete