Faith Olivia.......

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 26, 2010

On the road again...

This seems to be the Perry Family theme song! We thought we were settled in Portland, but alas we are back in Texas. It happened quite fast, and I wasn't able to say goodbye to everyone I wanted to, but I know God has a plan for us & I am trusting him in everything we do!

We decided Friday evening we would leave, so Saturday (April 17th) we left around Faith's bedtime, with hopes of making it 8 hours to Reno. But...we didn't we got almost to Salem, and Josh's truck was acting weird, so we stoped 4 hours from Portland, in Central Point & stayed with Rox, Don & Griffin. Unfortunatley Wyatt & Chey were at there dads house! It was nice to spend time with them before we left the area, and for Faith to see her cousin, who is way bigger than her, but 3 months younger!!!

On Monday morning, we did a little work on his truck, and seemed to have the problem fixed!! YAY, so we left for Reno, to pick up the motorcycle trailer, and visit with friends. Monday was probably our BEST traveling day, Faith was great, she watched her baby einstein dvds, and slept, I was very impressed!!! We made it to Mike & Shelley's house around 4 pm, and hung out with them until about 8:30, when we decided to push on to Vegas, YES we are NUTS!

Faith did great from Reno to Vegas, it was about an 8 hour drive, long & boring, and I will say this now & please hold me to it...I WILL NEVER MAKE THAT DRIVE AGAIN!! It is probably the longest most boring drive in the WHOLE world! I do LOVE LOVE LOVE driving through Hawthorne, NV and it brings tears to my eyes every time, because my great grandparents & my grandma Sharon lived there at one time, just driving down the road, knowing they were there makes me soo happy!!! We made it to Vegas about 5 am Tuesday, and slept till about 8, and Faith was not wanting to be with her Yaya & not her mommy..so we got up, and all had a cold, oh and a flat tire on my truck :( so we just layed around, and met Chelle & Angelina for dinner! Then left Wednesday morning, destination: new mexico....





We ended up in Laughlin, NV, about an hour & half from Las Veags!! Josh blew out the Turbo on his welding truck :( So we had to take it to Kingman, AZ to get fixed, we got a hotel in Laughlin, and hung out there, because it was River Run weekend (huge bike ralley), so if there were a place to be stuck that was it!! We made the best of it, and when his truck wasn't finised Thursday we decided to get a hotel in Kingman so we were close to the truck, so we got a hotel & watched the NFL Draft, Josh's 2nd cousin, Ryan Matthews was a first round draft pick! #12 to be exact, it was VERY exciting to watch, and we are officially San Diego Charger Fans!!!!!! Faith also went swimming for the first time!!!!


Friday morning we got a call the truck was FINALLY finished :) WOO HOO, so we headed to New Mexico, about 60 miles from Albuquerque we had a tire blow out on the travel trailer, so finally around 1 am we made it to Santa Rosa, NM, and stayed the night, got up the next morning, and was TEXAS bound!!! We made it about 90 miles from Josh's dad's house & I had a tire blow out on the motorcycle trailer that I was pulling!! But finally Saturday evening around 8:30 pm we made it to Ken's house in Crowley! We are here for a couple days before heading to either Carthage for work, or to John & Jessie's house in Newton, Tx, until the job starts!!! Thanks for all the prayers & well wishes on our long journey, I am so glad we made it here safely!

xoxo,

E

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like quite the trip!! I'm glad to hear you made it there safely. Good luck in Texas! I miss you guys a lot. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! I lost count of all the tires. Sounds like my luck with tires. Glad you finally made it.

    ReplyDelete